Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Weeeelllll,

I'm still looking for the perfect fabric for this chair
I intend on it being a gift for my niece's birthday, but nothing I've seen has screamed perfect yet.
I am going to Joann to check out their seersucker fabric sale - $3 a yard!
I love seersucker. It's so light and airy. Who knows what may come of it. :)

Speaking of fabrics... I found a flannel zebra print in the bargain bin at WalMart. Usually when I think of flannel, I think of lumberjacks and pajamas... but zebra.. ahh I love it so much. So I picked up 2 yards of it, and was able to create this gorgeous thing:
So much beauty! I whipped that bad boy up in less than half an hour and was able to do it on the super cheap by re-purposing the stuffing from a couple of animals that my husband (the claw machine master) won.


Now, I know that sunburst mirrors are (as a rule of thumb) round... but I picked up an adorable mirror at the Dollar Tree; the only problem being that it is rectangular. I think though, that coupled with some nice, spray painted skewers that I may have a cute, little mirror on my hands. May be a fail.. we'll see. :)

Have you ever made your own sunburst mirror? Did it turn out as good as it looked in your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment