Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Finally finished my curbside chair!

Remember this chair?

In this picture, I had already spray painted the legs from an ugly, dark brown color to a flat white. Still, I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with the rest of it.

I intended on it being a gift for my niece on her birthday the very first time I laid eyes on it. They recently moved, and she has been using their ratty, old computer chair at her desk. Needless to say, being 13, she hates it.

After searching for the perfect fabric for a while, I decided the only way I would find it was by involving her without her knowing. Smartest thing I ever did. As soon as she walked into my kitchen and saw these chairs:

and squealed over how beautiful she said they were, I decided THIS was exactly what curbside chair needed!

After many attempts at covering the oddly shaped seat, throwing it across the room, and even breaking a piece of the already broken backing, I finished.

This is what I am left with:

 I have a feeling it will offset her dark desk just right.

Close up of the print, sorry my camera refused to let me take this picture with decent quality.

So what do you guys think? Have you have done this on a piece of furniture yourself? I almost don't want to part with it! ;)

xoxo

1 comment: