Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

DIY dry erase board!

Hey yall!

So, after browing the internet for ideas for hours thinking of an easy, afternoon craft; I ran across this:

How adorable is this??

Since I had already purchased some basic wood frames from the Dollar Tree, and 99% of the time I have scrap fabric just laying around, I knew I had to make my own!


I decided I would go with what fabric I had left from curbside chair and give it to my niece for her birthday also.

So, armed with my on-hand supplies...

I got to work.

I spray painted my $1 frame with my favorite Krylon color: Blue Ocean Breeze.

It's 99 degrees here today, so it only took half an hour for it to dry. I left it out for an hour just for good measure. :)


Then I took my left over fabric from my previous project, the backing to the frame, and got to cutting!


Inserted it into the frame behind the glass, making sure to pull tight as I closed the clasps to avoid wrinkles, and viola!


My very own DIY dry erase board!


I know the chair and frame combined look a little busy, but she has a fairly large room and khaki colored walls. So, I'm not worried.

What do you guys think? Have you made your own dry erase board? 

I'm linking up to...









1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea. Love the fabric. I am your first follower!! Welcome to blogland. Thanks for linking up to my party and for stopping by and saying hi. Glad to follow you back and looking forward to keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete