Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frankenstein’s nails!

If I was a betting woman, I’d bet Frankenstein’s bride would LOVE a nice manicure to represent the man in her life. I mean after all, everyone loves carrying something with them to remind them of loved ones, even a monster’s mate.

I am doing this tutorial on an artificial nail (actually 5) because I cannot paint my left hand after the nails are applied (left handed).

It is so simple and cute, plus it only takes 2 nail colors and a toothpick!

102_1674

The first thing I did was paint my nail with my green polish. You want it to be opaque, so apply2-3 coats.

102_1682

Next I used the thin brush of my nail striper and drew a random, squiggly line across my nails. The thin brush is NOT needed, I just already had it on hand. You could very easily use a toothpick dipped in black polish to make this line.

102_1685102_1686

I dropped a dab of black polish on a piece of paper and used my toothpick (mine was actually a skewer) to draw small lines across the squiggly line I already had.

102_1687102_1689102_1690102_1695102_1698

Apply a topcoat to prevent chipping, and you’re done!

Yes, really, that’s all you have to do! Aren’t they adorable and totally Frankenstein-y?!

Happy fall, yall!

102_1710102_1711102_1715






5 comments:

  1. How fun!! You will be the talk of the Halloween town with those nails. Thank you for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to try this!! My kids will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (found ya on a link party)
    how fun is that?! haha.. i think ill try this on my toes! thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea!! Thanks for linking up at The Kurtz Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete