So my love of cardboard comes into play again today!
My husband brings home boxes from his work for my crafting, he’s a complete enabler!
I drew a smaller circle inside a larger circle on my cardboard. I figured it didn’t need to be perfect so I didn’t trace around anything.
I used a rotary blade to cut it out.
For some reason it makes me think of a hard boiled egg. Anyway, then taking an old book I have no plans to read ever again.
I colored the edges of the pages with a brown crayon, this ended up being a failure since you can’t see the brown on the finished wreath. Ya win some, ya lose some!
Started ripping out pages, and rolling them into cones. Hot glued the first “fold” and the end flap to keep it from opening once I let go of it.
Hot glued the cone to the “wreath form”
When I covered the entire “wreath” I went back and filled in naked spots with smaller “cones”.
I’m sorry, I forgot to take a picture when I was finished filling in the naked spots. :\
I then folded two pages until the width of each was 1 inch, hot glued them together, and hot glued them to the back of the wreath. This is my ribbon for hanging!
I had planned on hanging this on the mirror I’m working on for above our couch, but it was far too big; the only place I had left to hang it was on the bathroom door. So, that’s where it went.
While I was looking for a thumb tack to hang it with, I found a skeleton garland I got at the Dollar Tree back in ‘08. I have no clue why it was shoved in our junk drawer. There is only 3 sad little skeletons left on it, one of them is even missing a leg… perfect.
I tacked one end of the garland to the top of the door when I tacked the “ribbon” down, and draped the skeletons across the wreath.
See, no left leg.
What you see walking into my hallway from the living room:
More pictures because I can’t help myself!
My inspiration for this wreath comes from here.