Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

DIY hurricane!

So I was at Wal-Mart last week when I spotted this:
I thought I could make a nice fall centerpiece out of it. I love the simplicity of the shape, but it wasn't a $10 love. So I set out to make my own.
Straight to the Dollar Tree I went!

Picked up a few supplies...
(insert poor photography now)
Artificial leaves, a leaf garland, small votives, a candle, and a vase.

After I removed all the stickers, I hot glued the votive to the bottom of the vase.



Removed the stems from the artificial leaves..

Put the candle in the vase, and wrapped the leaves around it. 
Then, I wrapped the garland around the base my new hurricane! 

There you have it, a fall centerpiece that cost me.. dun dun dun... $5!

The Wal-Mart hurricane alone was $10!



I'm linking up...









No comments:

Post a Comment