Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sofa table revamp

So, I bought this little diddy at a yard sale 2 years ago for $3!

It's rough, but I originally wanted it for a folding table in my laundry room, so I didn't really care. Threw a towel over it and there it sat. I'd say after 2 years it's served it's purpose and been well worth the $3. 

I wanted it's new home to be in our bedroom, so I got to work.
Sanded down the super rough patches only. I love that it's imperfect!
Painted 4 thin coats of white Walmart paint on it.
I'm not sure why my camera makes it look thin in some places. It doesn't look like that in person, I promise.

I liked it the way it was but I wanted a little something more.

I mixed some purple craft paint I had with my white Walmart paint.

Taped off the table in completely uncalculated, uneven lines.
Ah, I love the dents in it. Gives it character.

Anyhoo. Then, I painted.


Don't worry, I touched up where the paint was removed by the tape.

 I think the purple is a little more... purple than I thought it would be.

Oh well, works for me. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment